Our Mission is to empower and educate our youth about the importance of higher education and career exploration, increase awareness of the value of personal development and healthy lifestyles, and promote social change within their communities through Hip-Hop.
Rock The School Bells was birthed in 2008 at Skyline College in San Bruno, CA - on the basis of using Hip Hop as a platform to serve and educate youth in the community. It has then bridged students, emcees, deejays, bboys, graf' writers, entrepreneurs, educators, and leaders to enhance perspectives and communities.
we aim to enhance students’ ability to:
- Think critically about current social issues in their communities as well as in the world
- Engage in physical and mental activities that promote healthy lifestyles
- Read and write about topics related to their life’s experiences
- Display effective oral and written communication through readings, spoken word, and poetry
- Understand the historical and cultural aspects of Hip-Hop and its effect on society, education, health, and personal development
- Interact and network with a variety of local non-profit organizations, afterschool programs, and companies
- Provide opportunities to learn about various educational and career technical pathways
Rock the School Bells is now being replicated at various Colleges across the country.